How can the certificate benefit you?
Perhaps you are a current faculty member looking to enhance your teaching or advance your career, or you are a high school teacher or a professional in another field who would like to teach in higher education. The graduate-level Teaching in Higher Education Certificate has been developed especially to help you
- Become a more effective educator.
- Improve your students’ learning.
- Build your curriculum vitae.
- Network with other educators.
- Develop high-quality teaching materials.
How do you get it?
Earn the six-credit certificate by completing two courses
- Course 1: Teaching in Higher Education Seminar (EPSY 8985, 3 Credits)
- Course 2: Innovation, Technology, and Teaching in Higher Education (EPSY 8960, 3 Credits)
Who qualifies for it?
The Teachers and Professionals track typically requires participants to possess a Master’s Degree or equivalent education, with occasional exception.
What graduates said about the certificate:
“The course was incredibly practical and apropos to instructing. The deliverables tie directly to teaching.”
“I have already put items into practice with new course design and feel it will be a more learner-centered classroom.”
“The interaction with other faculty on a supportive level was most valuable.”
“After the first course, I felt extremely confident about taking the full-time leap into academia. Three months later, I obtained a position as an Assistant Professor."