Teaching Certificates

For over ten years, Temple’s Teaching in Higher Education Certificate has helped individuals deepen their knowledge of teaching while developing their identities as educators. Certificate students learn from experienced professors who have participated in rigorous programs at Temple’s Center for the Advancement of Teaching (CAT). Participants develop a teaching philosophy and course materials, explore sound learning design, learn how to engage students and promote inclusivity, and much more.

The CAT offers two versions of the certificate, including tracks designed for: 
  • Temple University graduate students currently enrolled in a degree program, and
  • Higher education teachers or individuals interested in teaching at two- and four-year colleges, universities, and professional schools.
If you are interested in pursuing the Teaching in Higher Education Certificate, you can learn more about each track by following the links to the right. For additional questions please reach out to the CAT at cat@temple.edu.





Scroll to Top